Golf Course - Superintendent
Cumberland Local Government Area, Sydney
- Permanent full time position
- Access to Rostered Day Off (RDO) arrangement and motor vehicle
- Exciting role in a progressive Council
About the Organisation
Cumberland City Council, proclaimed in May 2016, is situated 20km west of Sydney and covers 72 square kilometres. Cumberland has a population of 240,000 residents, making it the fourth most populous Local Government Area in Greater Sydney.
Cumberland boasts one of the most diverse communities in Australia with people from many different backgrounds and cultures living alongside one another. Council has worked hard to fulfil its community’s vision for Cumberland as a place where anyone can feel welcome, belong and succeed.
Council’s long-term Community Strategic Plan focuses on a commitment to social and cultural cohesion, the local economy, our natural and built environments and local leadership. As a member of our organisation, you will have an opportunity to drive community outcomes, programs and services and be part of a Council focused on being innovative, inspiring and delivering change.
About the Opportunity
The Golf Course Superintendent will be held accountable for the daily management and maintenance of Council’s recreational assets including Auburn Golf Course and Woodville Golf Course. The will ensure that these assets are maintained to meet communities’ expectations.
The successful applicant will have:
- Diploma in Sports Turf Management or equivalent, combined with extensive relevant experience
- Relevant experience and demonstrated understanding of golf course and industry best-practice
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage & supervise multiple teams across multiple sites (includes apprentices, contractors & volunteers) and contribute to team goals and outcomes
- Experience in high level managing of delivery services in an operation based organisation
- Proven experience in a supervisory role, with a demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes within budget and within defined time lines
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of turf management
- Demonstrate ability to provide strategic reports
- Demonstrate an ability to solve problems by examination and analysis of available options
- Demonstrated ability to deal in a positive and courteous manner with the public and other workers
- Be able to demonstrate a strong customer focus with sound customer service skills and the ability to embrace a system of change and continual improvement.
- Proven ability to lead multiple teams across multiple sites with good interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge and practical application of WH&S principles and the Work Health and Safety legislation
- Computer literacy, particularly in the MS office suite packages and Tech1
- Possess AQF3 Chemical Certification
- Possess a current Class C Drivers Licence
Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Download the Position Description here
Salary: Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award. This position is placed in Grade 10 of the new Cumberland salary structure with a salary range of $1,386.72 to $1,594.72 per week plus superannuation. Commencement salary will depend upon qualifications, experience and competencies.
Conditions of Employment: This is a permanent full time position, based on 70 hour fortnight, with an access to 9 day fortnight and leaseback motor vehicle, working 5am to 1.30pm daily.
Enquiries: Telephone Paul Clark on 8757 9591 for further information.
Closing Date: 11:30pm, Sunday 9 August 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Please ensure you read the position description at the link above. Answer the questions below and click on the next button. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your resume and any relevant qualifications (if required) to complete your application. Make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply as your application cannot be submitted until completed.