Team Leader - Wickets
Cumberland Local Government Area, Sydney
- 1 x Permanent full-time position (70 hours per fortnight)
- Salary range - $1,117.51 to $1,285.14 per week plus superannuation
- Access to Rostered Day Off (RDO) arrangement
- Exciting role in a progressive Council
About the Organisation
Cumberland City Council, proclaimed in May 2016, is situated 20km west of Sydney and covers 72 square kilometres. Cumberland has a population of 240,000 residents, making it the fourth most populous Local Government Area in Greater Sydney.
Cumberland boasts one of the most diverse communities in Australia with people from many different backgrounds and cultures living alongside one another. Council has worked hard to fulfill its community’s vision for Cumberland as a place where anyone can feel welcome, belong and succeed.
Council’s long-term Community Strategic Plan focuses on a commitment to social and cultural cohesion, the local economy, our natural and built environments and local leadership. As a member of our organisation, you will have an opportunity to drive community outcomes, programs and services and be part of a Council focused on being innovative, inspiring and delivering change.
About the Opportunity
The Team Leader is responsible for leading a small team in undertaking the preparation and maintenance of high profile sporting fields, including turf wickets and surrounding areas to ensure the areas are maintained to the highest standard to reflect community expectations and fit for use.
The successful applicant will work to assist in ensuring customer and community satisfaction with Council's parks operations by presenting and servicing our facilities in accordance with service specifications and will ensure individual Work Health and Safety responsibilities under Council policy and legislation are met at all times, and at all levels within the team to ensure a safe place of work.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Relevant trade qualifications e.g. Certificate III in Turf Management
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate staff and materials, to undertake maintenance activities relevant to the position including but not limited to mowing, edging, weeding, chemical spraying, litter collection, trades functions wicket preparation, and asset inspections as relevant to the role
- Proven ability to effectively supervise and co-ordinate team members and external contractors in the delivery of maintenance and project works
- Demonstrated ability to deal in a positive and courteous manner with the public, and council staff whilst providing sound leadership to others in the workplace
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and with contractors - ability to complete necessary paperwork and communicate effectively with team members
- Sound knowledge and practical application of WH&S principles and the Work Health and Safety legislation
Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
A copy of the position description can be found here.
Salary: Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award. This position is placed in Grade 7 of the new Cumberland salary structure with a salary range of $1,117.51 to $1,285.14 per week plus superannuation. Commencement salary will depend upon qualifications, experience and competencies.
Conditions of Employment: This is a permanent full time position, based on 70 hour fortnight and access to 9 day fortnight. Working hours are 6.30am to 3.00pm based at the Guildford Depot.
Enquiries: Telephone Brad Horn on 8757 9582 for further information.
Position Number: SP-ED-72
Closing Date: Tuesday, 11 August 2020, 11.30pm
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your resume and any relevant qualifications (if required) to complete your application. Make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply as your application cannot be submitted until completed. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.