Records Management Officer
Cumberland Local Government Area, Sydney
- Permanent, full-time position
- Access to 9 day fortnight Accrued Day Off (ADO) arrangement
- Progressive organisation, serving a diverse community
About the Organisation
Cumberland City Council, proclaimed in May 2016, is situated 20km west of Sydney and covers 72 square kilometres. Cumberland has a population of 240,000 residents, making it the fourth most populous Local Government Area in Greater Sydney. Cumberland boasts one of the most diverse communities in Australia with people from many different backgrounds and cultures living alongside one another.
Council’s long-term Community Strategic Plan focuses on a commitment to social and cultural cohesion, the local economy, our natural and built environments and local leadership. As a member of our organisation, you will have an opportunity to drive community outcomes, programs and services and be part of a Council focused on being innovative, inspiring and delivering change.
Cumberland City Council adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. Council has worked hard to fulfil its community’s vision for Cumberland as a place where anyone can feel welcome, belong and succeed.
About the Opportunity
The Records Management Officer will demonstrate expertise in Records and Information Management principles by providing an efficient, effective, and reliable electronic document management service for the Council. You will undertake the daily records management processes and tasks of Council, including the preparation, scanning, registration and dissemination of internal and external records pertaining to Council’s business. To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in a formal record keeping environment and well developed written and verbal communication skills.
The successful applicant will require:
- Previous experience in a formal recordkeeping environment
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the operation of an electronic document records management system (EDRMS)
- Demonstrated team player and possesses the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal and customer relation skills and experience providing excellent internal customer services within agreed performance criteria
- Demonstrated self starter with the ability to initiate further projects or work tasks after routine tasks are completed without direct or constant supervision
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office suite
- Knowledge of the State Records Act and associated legislation.
Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Download the position description here for more information.
Salary: Employment is under the NSW Local Government (State) Award. This position is placed in Grade 6 of the Cumberland Salary Structure with a salary range of $1,047.34 to $1,204.44 per week, plus superannuation.
The commencement salary will depend upon qualifications, experience and competencies.
Conditions of Employment: This is a permanent, full-time position working a 70 hour fortnight, with access to Council's 9 day fortnight Accrued Day Off (ADO) arrangement.
This position will be rostered to work at both the Auburn and Merrylands offices, with rotations occuring on a monthly basis. Occasional travel across Council worksites may also be required.
Enquiries: Telephone Sharmaine Meehan on 8757 9906 for further information.
Position Number: SPCF28C.1/EST0294
Closing Date: 11:30pm, Thursday 13 August 2020
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your resume and any relevant qualifications (if required) to complete your application. Make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply as your application cannot be submitted until completed. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.