Cumberland Local Government area, Sydney
- Permanent full-time position x 2
- Exciting dynamic roles with a progressive Council
About the Organisation
Cumberland City Council, proclaimed in May 2016, is situated 20km west of Sydney and covers 72 square kilometers. Cumberland has a population of 240,000 residents, making it the fourth most populous Local Government Area in Greater Sydney. Cumberland boasts one of the most diverse communities in Australia with people from many different backgrounds and cultures living alongside one another.
Council’s long-term Community Strategic Plan focuses on a commitment to social and cultural cohesion, the local economy, our natural and built environments and local leadership. As a member of our organisation, you will have an opportunity to drive community outcomes, programs and services and be part of a Council focused on being innovative, inspiring and delivering change.
Cumberland City Council adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. Council has worked hard to fulfill its community’s vision for Cumberland as a place where anyone can feel welcome, belong and succeed.
About the Opportunity
The Executive Planner is responsible for supporting and undertaking people management as required by the Coordinator Major Development Assessment as well as undertaking the project management of complex development applications. The Executive Planner will also contribute to the overall effective operation of the Environment and Planning Directorate.
The successful applicant will require:
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning or equivalent with eligibility for membership to the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
- Extensive practical experience in development assessment Under the Environment and Planning Assessment Act including assessment of highly complex development matters
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with management and staff at all levels of the organisation and with external contacts
- Experience in mentoring team members in a fast paced environment
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Superior ability to resolve complex planning issues with applicants for development and excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines on a daily basis with possession of excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to WHS and EEO principles across all activities within the organisation
- Class C Drivers Licence
You can download the position description here
Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Salary: Employment is in accordance with the NSW Local Government (State) Award. This position is placed in Grade 13 of the Cumberland Salary Structure with a salary range of $1,813.00 to $2,084.95 per week plus superannuation. This position may also receive a market rate allowance up to a maximum salary of $2,403.84 per week or $125,000 per annum. The commencement salary will be negotiated with the successful applicants based on qualifications and experience. A motor vehicle is offered in accordance with Council's fleet policy.
Conditions of Employment: There are two (2) permanent full-time positions available, working a 70 hour fortnight, with access to Council's 9 day fortnight Accrued Day Off (ADO) arrangement. These positions will be located at Council's Auburn office, however you may be required to work across Auburn and Merrylands worksites.
Enquiries: Telephone Michael Lawani on 8757 9929 for further information.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Monday, 30 November 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your resume and any relevant qualifications (if required) to complete your application. Make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply as your application cannot be submitted until completed. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.