Complaints and Feedback Coordinator
Cumberland Local Government Area, Sydney
- Term contract, full time opportunity
- Access to a 9 day week rostered day off (RDO) arrangement
- Be part of a diverse, supportive team
About the Organisation
Cumberland City Council, proclaimed in May 2016, is situated 20km west of Sydney and covers 72 square kilometres. Cumberland has a population of 240,000 residents, making it the fourth most populous Local Government Area in Greater Sydney. Cumberland boasts one of the most diverse communities in Australia with people from many different backgrounds and cultures living alongside one another.
Council’s long-term Community Strategic Plan focuses on a commitment to social and cultural cohesion, the local economy, our natural and built environments and local leadership. As a member of our organisation, you will have an opportunity to drive community outcomes, programs and services and be part of a Council focused on being innovative, inspiring and delivering change.
Cumberland City Council adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. Council has worked hard to fulfill its community’s vision for Cumberland as a place where anyone can feel welcome, belong and succeed.
About the Opportunity
Cumberland City Council have an exciting opportunity for a Complaints and Feedback Coordinator to join our team on a 6 month term contract. The role will be responsible for the coordination of investigations and management of Tier 1 complaints. You will also be able to implement improvement initiatives across Council and assist with updating the complaint management policy, processes and procedures for best practice management.
As the Complaints and Feedback Coordinator, reporting on findings and providing recommendations and feedback on complaints is an integral part of the role. Your strong communication and interpersonal skills will see you be successful as you utilise your mediation and negotiation capabilities.
The successful applicant will require:
- Qualifications in a related field or relevant strong experience managing customer complaints, business improvement and measurement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including a proven ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with customers.
- Highly developed negotiation and mediation skills with a strong ability to gain outcomes that favour both the organisation and customers.
- Extensive experience in the identification and implementation of business improvement processes stemming from complaint data collection and analysis.
- Experience in conducting research independently, and preparing succinct reports.
- Experience in the facilitation of staff training in complaint handling to promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated project management skills to achieve work goals and to meet planned targets, deadlines and commitments with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to influence across the organisation.
Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Download the position description here for more information.
Salary: Employment is in accordance with the NSW Local Government (State) Award. This position is placed in Grade 10 of the Cumberland Salary Structure with a salary range of $1,407.54 to $1,618.67 per week, plus superannuation.
The commencement salary will depend upon the successful applicant's qualifications, experience and competencies.
Conditions of Employment: This is a term contract, full-time position, working a 70 hour fortnight, with access to Council's 9 day fortnight Rostered Day Off (RDO) arrangement.
This position will be located at Council's Merrylands and Auburn offices, with occasional travel required across Council worksites.
Enquiries: Telephone Serbo Matic on 8757 9699 for further information.
Position number: SPCC66.1
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 2 December 2020
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your resume and any relevant qualifications (if required) to complete your application. Make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply as your application cannot be submitted until completed. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.