Engineering Administration Officer
Cumberland Local Government Area, Sydney
- 1 Full time permanent position
- Salary range - $1,297.61 - $1,492.25 per week plus superannuation
- Access to 9 day fortnight Accrued Day Off (ADO) arrangement
- Exciting opportunity in an innovative progressive Council
About the Organisation
Cumberland City Council, proclaimed in May 2016, is situated 20km west of Sydney and covers 72 square kilometres. Cumberland has a population of 240,000 residents, making it the fourth most populous Local Government Area in Greater Sydney.
Cumberland boasts one of the most diverse communities in Australia with people from many different backgrounds and cultures living alongside one another. Council has worked hard to fulfill its community’s vision for Cumberland as a place where anyone can feel welcome, belong and succeed.
Council’s long-term Community Strategic Plan focuses on a commitment to social and cultural cohesion, the local economy, our natural and built environments and local leadership. As a member of our organisation, you will have an opportunity to drive community outcomes, programs and services and be part of a Council focused on being innovative, inspiring and delivering change.
About the Opportunity
The Engineering Administration Officer will provide administrative support services to the Manager Design and Technical Services and teams within the Unit to ensure they operate efficiently and effectively. This role is also responsible for efficiently deal with customer and Council inquiries both in person, by telephone or email.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Completion of administrative/business course or equivalent
- Minimum of five years administrative experience (preferred Local Government experience)
- Experience in office management and administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Extensive computer literacy with demonstrated implementation of those skills
- High level communication skills, both written and oral, with a focus on providing strong customer service
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines on a daily basis and possession of time management skills
Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
A copy of the position description can be found here.
Salary: Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award. This position is placed in Grade 9 of the new Cumberland salary structure with a salary range of $1,297.61 to $1,492.25 per week plus superannuation. Commencement salary will depend upon qualifications, experience and competencies.
Conditions of Employment: This is a full-time permanent position with access to a 9 day fortnight. This position will be located at Auburn, however you may be required to operate from the Merrylands office or other sites.
Enquiries: Telephone Siva Sivakumar on 8757 9513 for further information.
Position Number: SF0323.2
Closing Date: 11:30pm, Friday 4 December 2020
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your resume and any relevant qualifications (if required) to complete your application. Make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply as your application cannot be submitted until completed. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.