Project Control Officer (Fixed Term)
Cumberland Local Government Area, Sydney
- 12 months full-time, fixed term position available
- Salary range - $1,523.23 to $1,751.72 per week plus superannuation
- Access to Accrued Day Off (ADO) arrangement
- Exciting role in a progressive Council
About the Organisation
Cumberland City Council, proclaimed in May 2016, is situated 20km west of Sydney and covers 72 square kilometres. Cumberland has a population of 240,000 residents, making it the fourth most populous Local Government Area in Greater Sydney.
Cumberland boasts one of the most diverse communities in Australia with people from many different backgrounds and cultures living alongside one another. Council has worked hard to fulfill its community’s vision for Cumberland as a place where anyone can feel welcome, belong and succeed.
Council’s long-term Community Strategic Plan focuses on a commitment to social and cultural cohesion, the local economy, our natural and built environments and local leadership. As a member of our organisation, you will have an opportunity to drive community outcomes, programs and services and be part of a Council focused on being innovative, inspiring and delivering change.
About the Opportunity
In contributing to the overarching vision, the Project Control Officer maintains an overview of the entire Capital Project portfolio for current and future years. This includes projects being generated by various departments or revenue sources such as Plan of Management, S.7.11 (S94), Council Resolutions, Departmental Requests. This role also acts as a gate for capital projects prior to these being handed over for construction by ensuring that the projects comply with all requirements of the PMO framework.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Minimum Diploma level formal qualifications in Project Management
- A minimum of 2 years experience implementing and working in IT based Project Management Framework
- Hands on project delivery experience within a large and complex project environment preferably in civil infrastructure and or building construction works
- Experience in managing complex issues to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Experience in project management methodologies and the full project lifecycle to monitor and control project work
- Be proficient in using the suite of Microsoft products, including Office, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio
- Have a good working knowledge of key project processes, including status reporting, planning, dependency management, risk and issue management, Hold points and change management
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Class C driver licence
Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Download the Position Description here.
Salary: Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award. This position is placed in Grade 11 of the new Cumberland salary structure with a salary range of $1,523.23 to $1,751.72 per week plus superannuation. Commencement salary will depend upon qualifications, experience and competencies.
Conditions of Employment: This is a 12 months fixed term full-time position, based on 70 hour fortnight, with an access to 9 day fortnight. Working hours are 7:00am to 5:00pm.
Enquiries: Telephone Gamini Weththasinghe on 8757 9568 for further information.
Position Number: SPED70
Closing Date: 11:30pm, Friday 4 December 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Please ensure you read the position description at the link above. Answer the questions below and click on the next button. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your resume and any relevant qualifications (if required) to complete your application. Make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply as your application cannot be submitted until completed.