Team Leader Asset Management
Cumberland Local Government Area, Sydney
About the Organisation
Cumberland Council is a Child Safe organisation which offers a range of employment in both indoor and outdoor work across a variety of professions and trades and supports the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety, cultural diversity and professional development of staff. Cumberland Council provides extensive services to its residents with the Cumberland Local Government Area being located some 18km west of the Sydney CBD and having an estimated resident population of 219,312.
Council’s long-term Community Strategic Plan focuses on a commitment to social and cultural cohesion, the local economy, our natural and built environments and local leadership. As a member of our organisation, you will have an opportunity to drive community outcomes, programs and services and be part of a Council focused on being innovative, inspiring and delivering change.
About the Opportunity
The Team Leader Asset Management will be accountable for the development and management of Asset management strategies for Council’s Roads Assets (Pavement, Bridges, Stormwater, Footpaths, Kerb & Gutter, Traffic Facilities, Street Lighting, and Road Furniture), Buildings (Council Administration buildings, Childcare centres, Depots, Amenity blocks) and Open Spaces (Parks, Sportsgounds, Playing Fields). This position also manages the Project Control Officer to ensure that projects handed for Construction are shovel ready.
The successful applicant must have:
- Degree in Civil Enginerring accepted by the Institution of Engineers, Australia as member level
- Minimum 12 years experience in Civil Engineering including pavement design, renewal of pavements and the ability to apply Road Engineering principles to the selection of various treatments in differing conditons/scenarios
- Experience in conducting base level condition audits on Bridges
- Experience in the use of pavement asset modelling system for optimisation of renewals program
- Experience in the preparation of Road Infrastructure Rolling Works Program
- Experience in the Asset Management of Buildings/Facilities, Open Space such as parks, sportsgrounds and playing fields
- Experience in Street Lighting Asset Audits
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Local Government Act 1993 and the Roads Act 1993
- Effective Project Management Skills
- Developed interpersonal skills, evaluation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated commitments to WHS Act 2011, POEO Act 1997 and EEO Principles and Rehabilitation Policies
- Class C Drivers Licence
Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
A copy of the position description can be found here.
Salary: Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award. This position is placed in Grade 15 of the new Cumberland salary structure with a salary range of $2,128.78 to $2,448.10 per week plus superannuation. Commencement salary will depend upon qualifications, experience and competencies. A leaseback vehicle will also be offered in accordance with Council’s policy.
Conditions of Employment: This is a permanent full time position. This position will work a 70 hour, 9 day fortnight.
Enquiries: Telephone Nitin Gurjar on 02 8757 9595 for further information.
Closing Date: Tuesday 22 October 2019, 11.30pm
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your resume and any relevant qualifications (if required) to complete your application. Make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply as your application cannot be submitted until completed. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.